Product Details

Move cursor over image to zoom

Lewis Medical and Scientific Library, Catalogue 1881 good to fair copy

Qty:
Product ID:
£38.00
Add To Cart
useful reference for antiquarian medical book collectors and dealers
Just a few blocks away at 136 Gower Street London stood H.K. Lewis & Co. Ltd, booksellers.  Founded by Henry King Lewis in 1844, it was also a lending library.  The membership dues were minimal.  Members could borrow books, regardless of price.  It was the best bargain for those of us who had come from overseas with limited funds.  Neither the book dealership nor the library now exist.  The premises are now part of the University College Hospital.